Uni-Select - USI Canada or US? | Glassdoor

"USI Canada or US?"

Pros

Plenty of work and chalenges for accountants. Presently implementing a new ERP system will make the future very interesting for growth opportunities.

Cons

Extremly demanding work loads for everyone. Old school management, family owners and Canadian head office create a confused environment for decisssion making. Not very proacctive and a bumpy road ahead.

Advice to Management

Get your act toogeter and be more transparent. You cannot manage one business as if you had two. Is this a canadian owned busniess or a US driven one?

Other Employee Reviews for Uni-Select

1. "Was a nice place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Challenging and nice people. Lot's of responsability.

Cons

Union is strong (too strong). Some manager needs more maturity.

Advice to Management

To take time to sit with competent people sometimes.

2. "Adminisrative Assistant - Student Job"

Former Employee - Adminisrative Assistant - Student Job in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Big company wih some perks (cheaper auto parts, etc.) and they have an array of locations. HQ is in Boucherville QC. Very useful for people wanting to avoid the commute to Montreal. My manager was good, but many people criticized decisions of higher management. I can't really comment on these since I was not high enough in the company ... but at my level, I was not affected by these 'bad decisions'. I liked my experience and it allowed me to gain a lot of new skills I can now apply in my career. Would recommend this company to job seekers! Co-workers are very helpful and ressourceful if you need help or have questions regarding new applicaions (softwares) or etc.

Cons

Some people were critical of higher management and their 'bad decisions'. At my level in he company (very low! lol), I couldn't not really see the impact of these decisions nor could I say if they were right or wrong. However, that many complaints from co-workers can become tiring and repetitive. Lunches wih my manager and one of her friends were basically just ranting sessions about management. From my end, I don't really have any other feedback. My experience was overall very good and as I mentioned, I was able to learn a few new things at the company, which is a great plus.

Advice to Management

Does not apply.