UniFirst - Fast track to management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

"Fast track to management"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. There is no other entry level sales organization that gives you the support, training, coaching and development to survive and succeed in the toughest and most competitive industries in the business services division. I advise anyone looking to enter a challenging world full of rewards for hard work and tenacity to APPLY NOW.

Cons

You need to figure out how to break through barriers. It's a very tough industry.

Advice to Management

Keep driving a coaching culture. We would be no where without it.

Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst

1. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After being told by several pharma/med sales companies that I needed 2-3 years of outside B2B sales experience to break into that industry, I interviewed with UniFirst and was hired right out of college as an outside sales rep. My original plan was to work for 2-3 years and then change to a pharma/med sales position with a higher base salary, but the experience and opporunity at UniFirst has proved invaluable and I can now see myself spending my entire career within the organization. In my 7 years with the company I have recieved 4 promotions prior to my current role as a National Account Manager. The job is difficult for the first 12-18 months because of how competitive the industry is and the fact that we work off long term binding agreements, but that is why successful sales reps at UniFirst are held in such high esteem by recruitors and other industries looking for sales professionals. If you are able to push past the rejection and long hours of the first 12-18 months and show even marginal success, things will get easier and you will find yourself in a position to be promoted within the company or have access to a number of high salary sales positions outside of the industry should you decide to leave. I strongly recomend UniFirst for anyone looking for a company where you can excel quickly or are looking to start a career in outside sales.

Cons

-Competitive Industry
    -Difficult first year
    -Long hours for first 12-18 months

2. "A great opportunity and experience."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A strong training program to start your career and continual training throughout tenure, Clear goals and sales numbers to hit, Many career paths and clear objectives to achieve those, Support and direction from local and national management, If you work hard and buy in you will be successful.

Cons

A lot of cold calls (phone / door knocks) and rejection, This position is not easy.