UniFirst - UniFirst is a great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

"UniFirst is a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashua, NH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I stared at UniFirst after I graduated College in 2009. I received excellent training and coaching from my direct manager, regional manager, and corporate trainers. In my second year as a Sales Consultant I was a President's Club winner. Soon After, I was promoted to a sales management position. Currently, my team is full with excellent people who enjoy this tough, rewarding sales career. There is always room for upward growth for winners at UniFirst. People who bad mouth this company simply do not have what it takes to succeed here.

Cons

If you want an easy, laidback, carefree career, UniFirst Sales is most likely not a good fit for you.

Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst

1. "Fast track to management"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. There is no other entry level sales organization that gives you the support, training, coaching and development to survive and succeed in the toughest and most competitive industries in the business services division. I advise anyone looking to enter a challenging world full of rewards for hard work and tenacity to APPLY NOW.

Cons

You need to figure out how to break through barriers. It's a very tough industry.

Advice to Management

Keep driving a coaching culture. We would be no where without it.

2. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After being told by several pharma/med sales companies that I needed 2-3 years of outside B2B sales experience to break into that industry, I interviewed with UniFirst and was hired right out of college as an outside sales rep. My original plan was to work for 2-3 years and then change to a pharma/med sales position with a higher base salary, but the experience and opporunity at UniFirst has proved invaluable and I can now see myself spending my entire career within the organization. In my 7 years with the company I have recieved 4 promotions prior to my current role as a National Account Manager. The job is difficult for the first 12-18 months because of how competitive the industry is and the fact that we work off long term binding agreements, but that is why successful sales reps at UniFirst are held in such high esteem by recruitors and other industries looking for sales professionals. If you are able to push past the rejection and long hours of the first 12-18 months and show even marginal success, things will get easier and you will find yourself in a position to be promoted within the company or have access to a number of high salary sales positions outside of the industry should you decide to leave. I strongly recomend UniFirst for anyone looking for a company where you can excel quickly or are looking to start a career in outside sales.

Cons

-Competitive Industry
    -Difficult first year
    -Long hours for first 12-18 months