UniFirst - micromanaged | Glassdoor

"micromanaged"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Bossier City, LA
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, and the job itself is great.

Cons

Management needs training in management. The service is terrible at this branch and the reputation is well known.

Advice to Management

Treat people equal. It's ok to like some more than others but at least at work treat them equal. Also teach them product knowledge. 5 weeks of teaching them how to say "How does that make you feel" is ridiculous, and 1 more thing...quit cussing at them at meetings. How unprofessional is that??? What kind of moral do you expect talking to people like that !? Hopefully all branches aren't like this one. I find that hard to believe.

Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst

"This is a poorly run company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dothan, AL

I worked at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company training is probably the strong things that the company has going. It does a ok job in preparing you for the field

Cons

Their approach to attracting new customer is to promise the world than we will screw them. The contract is nicely written for UniFirst to take advantage of customers. However, Unifirst is no difference than other companies in this industry.

Advice to Management

The location of where I worked has MAJOR problems in local management and regional sales manager. There has been numerous sales representatives pass through there that stayed less than a year on the job. The blame is always placed on the representative. It is pretty easy to conclude that the management skills are poor. The regional sales manager is over his head and lacks skills to manage. But, he does a good job kissing upper management rears. It is time for changes at this particular location

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for UniFirst for almost 7 years and in that time period I have been promoted 4 times. UniFirst really believes in promoting from within. I love the family atmosphere, I have worked at several locations with the Company and each location has a family feeling which is hard to find these days. I wake up every morning and am happy and excited to go to work and I love what I do. I am very grateful to UniFirst for all of the opportunities that I have had throughout the years an look forward to many more years to come!

Cons

It would be nice to have vacation and sick time combined into PTO and increase the amount of time given to employees.