Unify - Could Use Some Work in the Business Forecast Arena | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unify

"Could Use Some Work in the Business Forecast Arena"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at Unify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent people, great pay, professional atmosphere, and overall fun place to work.

Cons

The guillotine does fall swiftly at times without much notice. Restructuring layoffs occur a little too frequently unless you become assertive, and make yourself valuable directly out of training, spanning departments, and gathering experience. Much of the business is based on Sales performance. Weak client base = departmental budget cuts.

Advice to Management

Taking into account this is a global company, and layoffs will happen as financial assessments are made, work off solid forecasts before making hiring decisions to salvage reputation. Mass layoffs undermine corporate integrity in the public, and stakeholder's eyes.

Other Employee Reviews for Unify

"At one time it was a great place to work. I miss that place."

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in San Jose, CA

I worked at Unify full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with great skills. The products were in line with the latest technology. Some was ahead of it's time. We were all able to telework and working from home, were able to simulate being in the same office. My first line management folks were great and very supportive.

Cons

Upper management was only interested in the bottom line. I didn't get a raise for over 5 years. Managing a US market base from Munich never works for the US customers and employees. It is a global company but our marketshare in the US never regained its momentum after Siemens bought out ROLM. It was cut, cut, cut. Close offices, lay offs and lose customers. Existing customers believed we didn't have enough support staff to take care of them. Hard to sell to new customers with references like that.

Advice to Management

Move US decisions to the US and focus on your customer. Try to attract new talent by offering decent wages and create some good incentive packages and benefits. Take some risks! I miss working there and you eliminated my whole group. Protect existing customers.

2. "Journey at SEN is challenging in a constantly changing environment."

Current Employee - Technical Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Manager

I have been working at Unify full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extensive product portfolio, solid design with a large legacy customer base in the Enterprise market. Top notch innovation and development teams. Global presence and support structure.

Cons

Overall organization of the company (sales, service, target markets) has been in a constant state of flux over the past few years, which has had a negative effect on its employees, including ever shrinking benefits and perks.

Advice to Management

Upcoming rebranding of the company must draw positive reviews with partners, channels and customers. Sales objectives must be in-line with achievable targets. Need to be more cognizant and rewarding of the talent pool in the company that must be retained in order to achieve a greater degree of success.