Union Bank N.A. - Great company with very competitive pay and a very proud management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Union Bank N.A.

"Great company with very competitive pay and a very proud management"

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They are a very proud regional bank that has a lot of pride in what they do. The managers were very experienced (most of them came from the government banking sector) and competent. They taught me a wealth of information and one even took me as a mentor. The hours are very great and they really want employees to balance work/ life. The benefits are not as competitive as other banks, but they offer above average pay! This alone makes it worthwhile. UB is now private, but I feel that the managers intend to go public within a few years.

Cons

There is really nothing much to hate about this bank. They are very conservative with their lending practices and that proved to be a GREAT thing over this current economic downturn. My only complain might be the fact that they are owned by a Japanese bank so they might be a little bit of too conservative at certain times. The EVP, SVP, VP, RVP all have to report to the higher up and certain huge decisions depend on the executive vp to respond before it can continue. My VP was a very caring guy though and I loved working there.

Advice to Management

Phil Flynn is doing a VERY great job at leading this organization. I think he made a few millions when UB was privatized so I am very happy for him. Maybe this means that they will offer us stock options in case the bank ever decides to go public again.

Other Employee Reviews for Union Bank N.A.

1. "Opportunities to be had at Union Bank of California."

Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Union Bank provides a positive environment and many opportunities for career advancement. I have worked for other financial institutions and none can match the education and support offered by UBOC. Union Bank allows me to provide personalized service to my clients and is a highly respected organization.

Cons

I can personally think of no downsides to a career with Union Bank. I have referred many individuals who I believe can both benefit from the many opportunities as well as bring benefit to the bank with their experience and positive attitude.

Advice to Management

I would advise them to continue to focus on the employees. People bank with the employees, not just with the bank.

"Stable work, have to pay time to move up- health benifits not so great"

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Officer in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Officer in Brea, CA

Pros

Stability, its not publicly traded bank so you have better job security and better ways to get new clients that expect strong financial stability

Cons

Health benefits are a joke. Its cheaper to go through the health insurance directly you could get a similar or less quote. Vision coverage just covers glasses every other year. So it may be great for the older people but not the younger ones since we are paying the high premiums for the older workers :(

Advice to Management

"As is" to branch management I hear from customers that customer service needs to be improved and tellers need to be more customer friendly