Union Bank N.A. - Great Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a boss who trusts in my abilities, even when I doubt myself. I am looked at as a go to person because if I dont have an answer, i will find out, and i am encouraged to continue learning everyday so that I can better myself within the company. Yes, the software is just barely starting to move out of the 90's, but the company is great to work for. We have great benefits, an opportunity to retire with a pension if you put in the work, and people who respect you. who could ask for more? Seriously!

Cons

The software needs to be updated into the 2000's but they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the Leadership development and encouraging the management to appreciate their direct reports. Appreciation is how you build a loyal workforce.

Other Employee Reviews for Union Bank N.A.

1. "Heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to develop are abundant (general corporate training programs in addition to third party technical skill training sessions), management seems to be getting stronger with a more clear vision for the future and better ability to execute. Great compensation and work/life balance.

Cons

Systems are still a bit dated, though they are working to solve that. A lot of inefficiencies - bureaucracy, people not making use of available resources. Some people are underutilized while others are stressed out

Advice to Management

Motivate people to think about how to do things more efficiently rather than having them just keep doing what they've been doing for the last x number of years. There are a lot of very smart people employed at the bank these days, and a lot of synergies to be derived from that if you make it a point to do so.

"lack of communication, old technology, it's who you know and customer facing employees are lazy"

Current Employee - Bank in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Bank in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time

Pros

good benefits and fairly good compensation

Cons

just look at the title of this review. I will add that the customer facing employees aren't trained properly at all, have no accountability and are lazy and rude. how can any of this provide a good customer experience? it's seems as if the corporate culture is to call someone else so you can blame them.

Advice to Management

overhaul the technology and the branch employees, not the back office