Uniqlo - Hard to get promoted among many, favoritism and more workload for your pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Uniqlo

"Hard to get promoted among many, favoritism and more workload for your pay"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Uniqlo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts, lots of coworkers so its like hanging out with friends sometimes,

Cons

Management works on favoritism, isnt objective in promoting,

Other Employee Reviews for Uniqlo

"Sales Advisor"

I worked at Uniqlo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training that you can apply to other careers down the line. Good employee discount. Great co-workers .Great company and vision. Opportunity for promotion every 3 months so you can move up quickly. I'd definitely work here more so for a career than a part time job.

Cons

Long hours even if you're only working part time. Frequent overnights. Upper level management considers this to be everyones priority even if you have other responsibilities going on. I'd suggest only working here if you want to stay for the long hall/build a career in the company - this is not the type of company you'd work with for 6 months and then leave, look for something that requires less work if thats the case because Uniqlo will work you to the bone. Seriously - everyone who has ever worked for Qlo will tell you they've signed their soul over to the company lol. This is not your typical retail job.

"Horrible company to work for"

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Uniqlo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The friends I have made at work, they are good people.

Cons

Pay is bad for the work that is expected, favoritism, managers are a joke, Japanese expats do not understand labor laws, Loss and Prevention team and HR team is out to get employees fired. I have never seen such a joke of a team in LP, most of them are illiterate in English, Emails with 12 year old grammatical errors and reasoning and theories that no one ever believes, yet they pride themselves on how many employees they fire (I know because I have heard first hand)

Advice to Management

Rebuild your whole managerial structure because it is not working.