Unique Home Solutions - Job Title and Duties Don't Match | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unique Home Solutions

"Job Title and Duties Don't Match"

Pros

Profit sharing plan. Good BBB reputaion.

Cons

Five and a half day work week for some positions.

Advice to Management

Just because you don't understand a new technology or way to connect with potential customers, if the cost is low to start, what does it hurt to try?

Other Employee Reviews for Unique Home Solutions

"Phenomenal Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Unique Home Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Performance based comp
    Advancement opportunities
    ESOP = Emplyees GIVEN company stock yearly
    On site workout facility & basketball court

Cons

In order to pay us at the top end of the spectrum, a lot is asked of us

Advice to Management

More/better training to prepare for new roles when promoting from within

2. "Drink the Kool-aid and you'll be fine. Have integrity and you'll be miserable."

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Unique Home Solutions full-time

Pros

-The onsite gym with weights and cardio equipment is nice.
    -The material that the polo shirts are made of (that you can order and have the cost deducted from your paycheck) is very soft and breathable.

Cons

-High pressure tactics to get leads that the company puts on their call list to call over and over. Marketing reps are taught a script that the company wants them to adhere to because it is "proven to generate leads" rather than to actually concentrate on people with a legit interest and need. Very high pressure tactics that are questionable in order to set up a "free inspection" and get a salesman in the door to give an over inflated quote. And if your house doesn't have a listed value of at least $100k, they will never show up to your appointment and the excuse will be "no-one answered the call to confirm the appointment" or they will find a way to push the date out or find a reason to cancel.
         -The Glassdoor reviewer that questioned the giveaways couldn't have said it better. Reps try to get people to sign up for the $25k home makeover giveaway, patio furniture, grill, gift card, etc etc and then try to set the "free inspection" appointment after they've started the conversation with the customer. I've seen only one thing ever actually given away during my entire time with Unique. 20% and 25% off promo cards are used frequently yet we're constantly told that our products have a very slim margin. How can a company have a slim margin yet allow a 20-25% pricing discount at the marketing reps whim and stay profitable? (Over inflated price quote or price gouging would be my guess but I'm not a mathematician)
         -I've heard reps and even marketing team leaders use very misleading or flat out incorrect information to try and "build the value of the visit" when talking with potential customers.
         -As a marketing rep, you aren't in total control of your bonus. You can set a ton of appointments but when and if the company runs them is out of your control and your bonus is based on those completed appointments.
         -If you love walking around inside of a K-mart and pestering people to get in a bogus giveaway and harassing them until they set an appointment for a price quote, this is the job for you!
         -Zero work/life balance. Erratic schedule that you get one week in advance and you WILL work every weekend.
         -The company does not use subcontractors which is a major plus if you could keep the installers turnover rate down. Lifetime warranty on most of the products sounds great, but in my time with the company I've heard many more stories from previous customers getting the runaround when it comes to a warranty issue than those previous customer that have had an issue dealt with quickly.

Oh and the full court basketball court that they brag about? It's not usable because they store products and displays on it.

Advice to Management

I'd get writers cramp if I tried to fill this part out...