Unisys - Non Innovativing, Downward Sprial Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

"Non Innovativing, Downward Sprial Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Blue Bell, PA
Former Employee - Senior Director in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

Favoritism is rewarded, performance reviews are on time but have little to do with rewards (there were none for 5 years)
Internal education is available at a HS level

Cons

Continual lay-offs/"right-sizing" to India.
Incompetence is fine based on seniority and if you grew up in the 'field"
Educcation is not valued
The culture dictates being scared of the boss

Advice to Management

Fire/"right size" the ancient Field Engineers who some how (Peter Principle) have risen to Director level jobs that require grey matter skill sets of which they only know hand level skills from fixing machines in the 1970's

Other Employee Reviews for Unisys

1. "Great people to work with, but the company is losing it's way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

You get to work with some very smart, very experienced people. The CEO, Ed Coleman seems to very much care where the company is headed and is a very easy person to talk to. I would say many people have their business "heart" in the right place. On a personal level salary and benefits are good, but perhaps not great. in this day and age a decent salary is tough to come by, so my appreciation to this company for that.

Cons

This company has shrunk so much in the last 10 years that it has become impossible to get anything done with any level of quality or pride. We are basically set up to fail. I get the same comment from my colleagues in many areas so it isn't just me. You are on your own which, sometimes can be a good thing, but in this case isn't.
    This company continues to think and act as if we were one of the "big guys", but those days are over.
    Work / life is completely out of balance... you get decent vacation time, but you can never take it.
    Don't expect to coast in this company (not really a con)... life is more of a frenzied scrambling and hanging on for dear life.

Advice to Management

It is time to stop trying to compete head on with the big boys on every front and instead carve out a few select niches where we can effectively compete. You are setting us up to fail. take the smart people you have, create teams that actually have enough people to be effective and focus them on where we really want to be successful.

2. "It was a job..."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA

Pros

Good people working in the trenchs; will pay a fair wage (to start), exellent training opportunities and a flexible work environment

Cons

For the past ten years the company has changed their business strategy almost on a yearly basis. It's been a revolving door at the upper management level with each new exec wanting to change how Unisys does business. Problem is that the organization never has time to adjust and gain traction before the next sweeping change takes place. It has severely damaged morale which is easily seen by the company's performance over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Make an intelligent plan and stick to it! The corporate culture has to be client focused, and internal politics solely for personal gain should not be tolerated!