Unisys - A Great Place to Work with many Opportunities for Advancement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

"A Great Place to Work with many Opportunities for Advancement."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Unisys part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each agent is granted lots of liberty and is provided all the necessary tools to make the workplace comfortable. Supervisors are great. A Technical Support Representative at Unisys is a good place to begin your information technology career. There is a lot of experience to be gained and opportunities for advancement. I am a college student and am gaining valuable skills and experience working part-time at Unisys.

Cons

It is much harder for After Hours agents to advance in the company. Starting pay for agents is not as high as other locations in the area.

Advice to Management

Consider daytime agents and After Hours agents equally for technical support advancement opportunities. Consider raising the base rate pay for After Hours agents. I believe this will help retention.

Other Employee Reviews for Unisys

1. "Engineering Manager"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Unisys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

CEO is not good. Took company from $11 bil/ year to 3 bil/year

"Worked there for 3 years, where it did get me good experience, the company treats you like crap.."

Former Employee - Team Supervisor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Team Supervisor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Unisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a good place to start if you haven't had any professional jobs yet.. in my case it was the empty promises that kept me there for 3 years.. 3 "promotions" resulted in less pay than my first year as help desk agent, this is where I realized the job was a dead end, and moved on..
    I did very much enjoy the people I worked with and in my first position i was allowed a lot of overtime, which resulted in a nice paycheck..

Cons

Management.. Unisys is a cut-throat place that will hire people solely to lay 50% of them off in a few months. I was told many times to "just disable the access cards" of the contractors that we had hired.. they would not get ANY notifications or talks... some day their access card would just stop working and they would be told they were fired.. very disrespectful!. Personally I had given my 2 weeks notice, on my 2nd last day i found my workstation to be cleared and desk to be empty, they had already redistributed my equipment before I was even done with my 2 weeks time.. at least my access still worked... The pay also seems to be going down, rather than up by constantly raising the incentive levels...

Advice to Management

treat the "working" people with respect.. they're the ones earning the money...