Unisys - Experience has been very stagnant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

"Experience has been very stagnant."

Pros

They have implemented a performance based earnings system where you get paid by how well you perform. They also provide relevant training to employees depending on their job roles

Cons

There's no room for growth, and benefits have been revoked. Tuition re-imbursement is no more and the company would rather hire from outside the company to fill in a position that promote from within. Its an unethical way to save the company money.

Advice to Management

Management is to heavy and manage from remote locations. Best management practice stipulates efficiency and effectiveness starts with the project lead being onsite with team members. There are a lot of unseasoned managers who have risen over the years, but have old ideas and mentality, with lacking formal education. Managers are self centered and care only about themselves. They don't provide path way for growth of their subordinates.

Other Employee Reviews for Unisys

1. "Level 1 Service Desk Agent"

Former Employee - Level I Service Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Level I Service Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Unisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and bonus structure was far better than most call centers. Sem-casual environment and good supervisors. Overall, the pay was the best part.

Cons

They tightened up on internet usage policies; strictly enforcing that there was absolutely no internet usage unless it was on a call to resolve a technical issue. Even when there were no calls and you just wanted to google something, you couldn't.

Advice to Management

Don't let your sup's take privileges denied to your other employees. It was a bit frustrating to see my supervisor streaming Pandora when I couldn't even email my wife to let her know what time I would be home. Be realistic about the internet usage expectations; there are plenty of legitimate reasons why one would surf the web during work.

2. "Stale Middle Management"

Former Employee - Sr
    Former Employee - Sr

I worked at Unisys full-time

Pros

Consistancy and roll out of vision and stategy. Albeit, the vison and strategy is continual "right sizing"

Cons

Middle managment is mostly comprised of ex-Field Service engineers who grew up fixing hardware and were so good at it, that they were promoted to managment roles were they have proven to be totally ineffective, uneducated and way under qualified. Supply Chain Managment and Product/Services planning just to name two specific areas.

The culture is one of "good ole boys club" where hard work and higher education is down played in favor of who knew, back when.

Advice to Management

Clean out the middle to senior managment ranks that have over 15 years senority, no college degree (the norm) and at one time repaired equipment for Unisys/Sperry/Burroughs.