Unisys - Worked many different exciting roles over the years from which I had many learning and teaching experiences. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

"Worked many different exciting roles over the years from which I had many learning and teaching experiences."

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Reston, VA
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at Unisys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unisys is keeping up with technology. Unisys provides education opportunities.

Cons

Not keeping current customers happy.

Advice to Management

Listen to the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Unisys

1. "I worked at Unisys for 13 years. I was involved in many projects while working there."

Former Employee - Field Service Tech 6 in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Field Service Tech 6 in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Unisys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked at Unisys for 13 years and enjoyed the people I worked with. Enjoyed working at the FBI and ATF fixing their computers for over 10 years.

Cons

Forced to join Unisys Tech Services and had a new manager every three years.. Lost all company benenfits and took 15% pay cut.

Advice to Management

none

"Good place to gain experience, but seek long-term career opportunities elsewhere"

I have been working at Unisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are required to complete numerous hours of training and encouraged to develop skills. Friendly colleagues. Relaxed atmosphere, despite poor financial performance.

Cons

Limited career growth because of complacent employees waiting to retire and collect a company pension. Large gap between senior level employees and mid level because of years of downsizing and desire to utilize offshore resources. Declining morale due to inconsistent financial performance and infrequency of positive financial results. Initially offered flexibility to work remote and in the office, but now no longer allowed to work remote if office based. Limited potential for salary increases because of poor financial performance.

Advice to Management

Provide organization with clear objectives for achieving company goals. Promote a positive atmosphere and be more accessible to employees. Provide details of how the company is going to improve, instead of just stating goals. Communicate new policies directly to employees, instead of letting office gossip spread the message. Eliminate executives micro managing employees and allow managers to be responsible for their departments. Executives need to focus on strategic direction of the company and not be involved in administrative tasks.