United Airlines - United is the right place for my career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

"United is the right place for my career"

Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was once mentioned to me that "if you can't find the right ob for you here, you won't find it anywhere.". I don't have a job at UA, I have a career. There are definitely growth opportunities. The focus on developing our leaders is positive for the new culture. Being a part of a strong, stable company that is redesigning so many processes and policies is challenging and exciting. I truly believe I make a difference and it gets noticed by my peers and managers.

Cons

With so many unions in the company, there's a large sense of entitlement because seniority means more than performance. This hurts customer service, at times. There is still a lot to do with the merger and it's creating burn out for those that have been involved the past 2 years. Joining the team now is a great time, though. A lot of the major pain has already taken place,

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the employee morale and continue to look for ways to reward and recognize. The merger has taken its toll on all of us. It's not all about money...time off, a simple "thank you," and getting involved in the daily issues/trenches makes a real difference.

Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines

1. "Interesting, but dissatistfying place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at United Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Neat to get a behind the scenes look at an airline, some people work there truly because they're passionate about aviation

Cons

At the time I was ther (pre-merger) - old school culture, employees miserable in their jobs but stay because they don't want to lose travel benefits

2. "A GREAT place to work and a GREAT place to grow, this is a career company!"

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Currently, you can be on the 'fast' track to succeed. This company is growing, faster everyday. You are the only one holding yourself back. There are many different divisions and departments, set your course and TAKE OFF!

Cons

Growing at this fast a pace is bound to lead to the "Peter" principle.

Advice to Management

Look and listen to the folks that make things happen! Get their thoughts and ideas on money savings at their level. It will work system wide, increasing the savings!