United Airlines - Rooms With a View | Glassdoor

"Rooms With a View"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having the ability to travel the world, with your friends and family is a wonderful perk of this job. There are not many people who have the world at their fingertips, or be just a short flight away from their dream vacation and it is all possible working for United.

Cons

I work for Chelsea, and one con for me is the pay and the hours. Truthfully I get to fly however I work all the time to make ends meet and I often find myself working off days and even long hours just to get by. I get to see everyone else going on vacation with family and friends, but I guess my job will always be the the room with a view.

Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines

"United is the right place for my career"

Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was once mentioned to me that "if you can't find the right ob for you here, you won't find it anywhere.". I don't have a job at UA, I have a career. There are definitely growth opportunities. The focus on developing our leaders is positive for the new culture. Being a part of a strong, stable company that is redesigning so many processes and policies is challenging and exciting. I truly believe I make a difference and it gets noticed by my peers and managers.

Cons

With so many unions in the company, there's a large sense of entitlement because seniority means more than performance. This hurts customer service, at times. There is still a lot to do with the merger and it's creating burn out for those that have been involved the past 2 years. Joining the team now is a great time, though. A lot of the major pain has already taken place,

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the employee morale and continue to look for ways to reward and recognize. The merger has taken its toll on all of us. It's not all about money...time off, a simple "thank you," and getting involved in the daily issues/trenches makes a real difference.

2. "Interesting, but dissatistfying place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at United Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Neat to get a behind the scenes look at an airline, some people work there truly because they're passionate about aviation

Cons

At the time I was ther (pre-merger) - old school culture, employees miserable in their jobs but stay because they don't want to lose travel benefits