United Airlines - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Denver, CO
Current Contractor - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at United Airlines as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working Culture is good. People are nice. Teams, Sr Managers,Directors, MDs, VPs are good.
High family values.

Cons

Missing a structured working format. But this is negligible component when team and bosses are good and very cooperative to oversee the issues.

Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines

1. "Best Place to work ,relax laid back."

Current Contractor - Business Technology Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Business Technology Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Airlines as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work who likes to do same notorious Labor work every single day

Cons

No professional growth for the Individual working for the company

"Culture of dignity and respect, open and honest communication. Is any current employee not laughing?"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and vacation. Most other benefits such as pension have been lost.

Cons

Since the merger, Continental has replaced most management with their people. Since then we have had every process go their way right or wrong. Absolutely no communication. The new culture is one of "I don't want to hear it". Very intimidating command and control environment. Little by little our maintenance jobs are moving to Houston and Chicago. They are reducing numbers in CA by making life miserable for the employees who have served the company for decades. This is culturally ill company that is just asking for trouble by choosing lax quality controls and standards. Being at work is less cheerful than a morgue. I personally do not know 1 person who enjoys their job. This situation here is very similar to what Continental did to Eastern. Unfortunately Continental is still the same rotten employer it was back then.

Advice to Management

Have tried on many occasions. The standard phrase there is 'because that's the way we've always done it". They will not listen to employee suggestions. I guess the undereducated low level management has it all figured out. We'll see.