United Airlines - I like United and my job; take your negative attitude somewhere else. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

"I like United and my job; take your negative attitude somewhere else."

Current Employee - Supervisor, Onboard Service in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Supervisor, Onboard Service in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The ability to see the world when ever you want is by far one of the most unique value add benefits any employee could hope for. I've been to places for pleasure and business that most people can only dream of - thanks United.

Cons

I think like many large corporations it's easy to feel like change doesn't come quick enough. Many employees hace strong ideas that sometimes have a tendency to feel unheard.

Advice to Management

To the most senior executives...don't flaunt your bonuses. The company had only made a profit one year since 9/11. Lead form the top down, and dont take a huge salary while your front line feels like they are suffering.

Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines

1. "Looking forward to merger with Continental airlines"

Former Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Tech in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Tech in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The best reason to work for united would be for the travel benefits. I also like the people I worked with they were vary knowledgeable.

Cons

The management at United doesn't care about their employees and is trying to farm out all of the work to china so they can get big bonuses.

Advice to Management

You need to treat people like human beings and stop forming out all the work. Glen Tilton should be flipping burgers and not running an airline.

"Interesting work, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work is interesting and challenging, and benefits are great. Most of the people are very enthusiastic about their work, and love airlines and the airline industry. The work-life balance is great, which gives you an opportunity to travel on weekends or socialize with friends and colleagues.

Cons

A big, lumbering bureacracy that often has trouble adapting quickly to market changes. This is further exacerbated by union work rules and pay structures that make cost savings difficult. Senior management spends too much time chasing the industry "leaders", often at the expense of United's success

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on the short-term metrics and focus instead on the infrastructure and cultural changes that are needed for long-term sustainability. Make the best decisions for United, not the decisions that will make United look like another airline and make our numbers "look good". Industry metrics and financial performance rarely correlate.