KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy Flying

Jul 4, 2022 - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a new hire, all the other flight attendants are so helpful. Every trip you learn something new. On reserve is not as bad as people make it out. You have the opportunity the day before you go on reserve to preference for the trips you would like. You don’t always get them, but 75% time I get something I chose. The pilots are great. They will back you up 100% if you have a rowdy passenger. Overall, I feel very supported and enjoy meeting the passengers and visiting so many new places!

Cons

Being away from home so much is hard, but as far as the company, they seem to have problems with long hold times when you have to call for help. And catering the plane 100% does not happen often. It’s no fun telling passengers we don’t have what they pre-ordered.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

nice

Aug 15, 2022 - Ramp Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

trusted the company before working so out of other airlines this was a top pick

Cons

i don't really know i just made this to see what people say about united since i have an interview on saturday

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Look around

Aug 12, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are helpful and knowledgeable. Management is patient with new hires. Somewhat flexible scheduling. You get a lot of training to be successful.

Cons

The pay is embarrassingly low for such a large legacy industry titan. Someone needs to address it because the training they give you is top notch. I tried to stay a minimum of 100 days but I could no longer support myself on minimum wage in San Diego. Job is suited for a college student, retiree or someone not needing money to survive.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about United Airlines.

United Airlines Photos

+ Add Photo
United Airlines photo of: We encourage employees to give back to the community whenever they can
United Airlines photo of: We're proud to take part in pride events all over the world.
United Airlines photo of: Fantasy Flights bring together so many coworkers to bring the magic of the season to local families
United Airlines photo of: Our Adventure Bears getting ready to send out some loving messages written by employees
United Airlines photo of: Our interns ready to take off!
United Airlines photo of: First view of the new livery
United Airlines photo of: Customer Service Employee preparing for take-off!