United Hardware Distributing - Its been eventful | Glassdoor

"Its been eventful"

Current Employee - Manager in Visakhapatnam (India)
Current Employee - Manager in Visakhapatnam (India)

I have been working at United Hardware Distributing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constant technical learning happens here

Cons

Few leaves, only Sunday off

Other Employee Reviews for United Hardware Distributing

1. "Project Assistant"

Former Employee - Order Entry in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Order Entry in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at United Hardware Distributing (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees were very helpful and dedicated

Cons

Computer system was very difficult to use

"Over Worked and Clear Abuse From Management"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Plymouth, MN

I worked at United Hardware Distributing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Terrible management, over worked, and lack of direction. Systems were outdated. Every-time they launched a new system for something, they would rush into and leave clear technical problems. Then, instead of focusing on fixing the technical problems, they would blame employees for "User Error" and start a new project and leave clear holes and issues with the old project. You are told to basically only contact IT when your computer stops working, and when you do report it they ignore it. The person running IT is known for secretly sending conversions to various department heads while "helping you" only to get you in trouble for asking for help.

They set everyone up to fail and are over worked. They give people more than they can do and if they don't see you getting it done they demote you or just plain out fire you. A lot of the direction from management is contradictory. They will tell you not to do something, and two days later ask why something wasn't done about it.

Management thinks that all they have to do is point their fingers and tell people to do things. Many of them just sit on their phones, talk about sports, etc, and wonder why nothing is getting done. And while they do this they pass all the work onto people below them that are not there to do those duties. They only promote the young guys, and all the people who have been there for decades and actually know the company or ignored and are not promoted. There is clear sexism and age discrimination. They tend to fire people who actually try and make changes to get things done, but leave employees who don't do anything and have clear performance issues. You feel as if you are always being watched and can't say anything with out being talked to for not being a "team player".

Management has been heard openly complaining about people not being "loyal" and being ungrateful even after he's demoted them. They changed structures in the departments with out any warning. Management is also extremely condescending, to the point of talking to you as if you were a child. They are also extremely right-winged politically and tend to bring politics to the work place and shut people down and berate them if someone doesn't agree. People have tried complaining about the clear abuse to employees and the CEO and HR clearly doesn't care nor hold anyone responsible for it.

Also, I didn't receive an exit interview. It was clear that when I put in my notice, that I was not going to get one. I was ignored for the last week and was expected to have everything done before I left despite that time period being clearly too short for the amount of projects they had me working on. Over all, it was mess.

Advice to Management

Get it together before someone decides to sue, because that is where it's headed.