United Rentals - Challenging, high-paced but rewarding environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

"Challenging, high-paced but rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, opportunity for advancement, strives for world class safety of employees, team oriented environment, opportunities to meet many new people and develop working relationships, continual technological and process improvement.

Cons

Demanding pace especially during peak season, corporate oversight, occasional unpredictable hours in the evenings and 24-7 responsibility to answer calls for some positions.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of conference calls in the field, promote use of email/instant messaging between branches rather than phone calls to free up phone time

Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals

1. "United Rentals is a rewarding and challenging company that values it's customers as well as it's employees."

Current Employee - Branch Management
    Current Employee - Branch Management

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

United Rentals has the largest National footprint in North America, so where ever you reside, they are near. Teamwork within the company is outstanding as we all work toward the same goals. We have a forward looking plan and our future is very bright.

Cons

This industry is full of ups and downs and follows the economy with its peaks and valleys.

2. "United purchased the company i worked for 18 months ago. Seems to be good."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

UR is tipical of large companies, pay is pretty good and the benefits are good. The work is steady and you will never be bored.

Cons

can be very hectic. as with most public companies they want to get as much return on as few assets as possible.

Advice to Management

try to make changes more slowly. We have been swamped with changes on what seems to be a daily basis. it can be difficult to keep up with them.