United Rentals - Excellent company to work for. plenty of money to be made. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

"Excellent company to work for. plenty of money to be made."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefites, compensation are great. Company vehicle and top fleet in the industry.

Cons

DSMs could use a little more UR history. After the merger it was hard to remember who bought who,

Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals

"Not what it comes across as..."

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Associate in Texas City, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Associate in Texas City, TX

I worked at United Rentals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Employee Benefit programs, First hand exposure to lots of equipment and tools and the industrial business involved in construction and industrial contractors.

Cons

Mediocre salaries, limited time given for available training programs, Management does not appreciate the efforts you put forth in your position as inside sales roles.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at the reality of the day to day operations and whom is accountable for what.

"Too big to fail."

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

URI offers competitive wages, and a good benefits package. The company's large size offers a reasonable amount of job security.

Cons

URI's approach to business in the last three years has been to streamline, increase efficiency, and sell image - to Wall Street. All of these are great, unless done at the expense of quality of service. United has worked hard to differentiate itself from the competition, charging a higher rate for a better product. Unfortunately, they are still demanding a higher rate, but are now offering a substandard product. What was once a relationship-based business relying on repeat customers, is now transactional - we don't care if we upset a customer, there's another one around the corner.

Advice to Management

We are seeing a rapid deterioration in our long-time customer base. They are still doing business with us, but because they have to. In the current market, this is not a major concern. Business is strong, and there are a wealth of new opportunities as commercial construction continues to rebound. What happens when that growth stops? Our customers have long memories, and we're instilling the perception that we don't care about them. They need us now, but they won't forever.