United Technologies - Confusing Decisions/Directions now that UTC is running the show | Glassdoor

"Confusing Decisions/Directions now that UTC is running the show"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at United Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Good benefits in terms of sick time and culture. - Good schooling benefits - Work life balance is good

Cons

- No communication - Pay is average - No direction from Management - Broken processes - Low morale - Bonus structure isn't great, payouts are poor - Many managers, no leaders. Very focused on bottom line, no eyes on the horizon - Many managers have no manufacturing experience, They love data, which I do as well, but they don't do much with it. - Technical people aren't valued as much, managers seem more valued (perception) - Always changing direction - The vision is 15% earnings growth, and it ends there. so I ask, How are we going to do it? What are the plans, what are our core competencies? What is being outsourced? What equipment are we buying? What are we getting rid of? - Very old equipment - No training job training, skills enhancing. -

Continue reading
    United Technologies2014-04-05
  1. "An ideal DC internship"

Former Intern - Government Relations in Washington, DC

I worked at United Technologies for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great company, great office. So many opportunities to get out into DC and get exposure to the political scene (and the aerospace/defense field). Exposure to high-level people as well.

Cons

Could have been more long-term projects for the interns. Summer is slow regardless, but lots of days where not much was going on.

United Technologies2019-10-15
  2. "Great while it lasted"

Former Employee - MFG Assembly Operator in Lincolnton, NC

I worked at United Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great electronic assembly work. Ability to move to different positions within the company. Offered many opportunities to cross-train in different areas. Great people, great facility.

Cons

High turnover rate, ok pay, moved to Mexico.

Continue reading
    United Technologies2020-01-30

Discover more reviews about United Technologies.