Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unexperienced Management

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Underwriter in Pontiac, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Start work at/after 10AM - Gives you some time to wake up in the morning. If you had kids, you could take them to school but never pick them up. No weekend work unless you want to.

Cons

Unexperienced management. Kids 22-24 were being placed into easily bulliable positions and threatened with punishment if commitments were not reached. Forced overtime. You will never have time to use the gym and, even if you do, you will want to get out of the building as soon as your shift is over. Company went from being a fun place to work at to essentially turning into a sweat shop for mortgages. They have over-hired since COVID and were giving multiple exams that, if you did not take on time, they accepted as a "letter of resignation." On a day off I was called by my team leader and asked if I could sign on and take the exam because there was "no exception" to not taking the exam while I was not punched in. Whole place is run by a bunch of kids.

21 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are amazing! Fun working environment

Cons

Pay could be better but great for starting out!

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse, challenging role, company has its pros and cons

Oct 11, 2021 - Change of Circumstance Specialist in Pontiac, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great for the most part, I made a ton of friends, and the dress code was pretty chill. I also learned a lot more than I knew about mortgages, and the training was good. I spoke with external clients every day, which I was nervous about at first, but it definitely boosted my confidence over the phone. I can take this with me just about anywhere I go.

Cons

Enforced culture, as far as leadership pressing you to be involved in various aspects unnecessarily. Teamwork mentality is drilled into you, so if you're more of an introvert or someone who prefers to be left alone for the majority of their work day, this place may not be for you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

United Wholesale Mortgage (UWM) Response

Thank you for sharing your insight. We do place a big premium on our culture and working together as a team, for sure. We're understanding that we have a campus full of introverts, extroverts, and everyone in between. There truly is room for everyone at UWM to BE YOU HERE!

Discover more reviews about United Wholesale Mortgage (UWM).