UnitedHealth Group - Frustrating experience, computer systems don't work well, not web based | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Frustrating experience, computer systems don't work well, not web based"

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The building is really nice
Regular, dependable paycheck
Poor healthcare benefits are better than no benefits

Cons

Company always talks about transformation but never tells the employees what is really going on until the moment the changes go into effect. They never discuss the goals or the "big picture" with us and instead engage in a lot of corporate double-talk when discussing "transformation". Mgmt is very critical over workers loads even though team members have not been replaced for some time.

Advice to Management

You spend so much time and resources training us on your many computer systems, why don't you treat us better, better benefits, reward our strong work (while understaffed) and talk to us straight up about the "transformation" without all that corporate double-talk ... Tell us what's really going on.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Great pay and benefits for you, horrible work environment depending on department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

I can say that I love the amount I get paid, and I have good benefits. The parties are great as well, as the President is the one who coordinates. However, he has no idea of how some of his directors treat employees, and on what ground people are promoted.

Cons

If your manager likes you - you're a shoe-in!!! If you do your work quickly (never mind the mistakes - someone else may be able to cover them up depending on who you are) - you're a shoe-in!!! If you kiss major booty and act like you know everything without actually knowing anything and can pass the buck every chance you get and take the credit - YOU ARE A SHOE-IN!

Basically, be as fake as possible. Also, the benefits are only great for employees - your family cannot be covered for a reasonable amount unless you are a Director or Senior Management. But that may be any job today...

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your hourly employees as a WHOLE. Not just surveys. People are afraid to speak up because they can be blackballed for disagreeing.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Flexible work schedule, caring environment supportive. Fosters employee growth

Cons

Does not seem to be alot of communication between senior levels and lower employees. Not much of a career path or opportunity to advance for employees that are being under utilized

Advice to Management

Clinician shortages will lead to the need to utilize your strong performers with vast experience in the healthcare arena. Use them to the fullest. Develop defined growth opportunities and mentoring programs.