UnitedHealth Group - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Quality in Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - Quality in Brentwood, TN

Pros

Work at home positions. The team I'm on is a great group of people and our immediate manager is a person I honestly respect. I feel appreciated and respected. I know that as long as I am doing the right thing, my manager will support me.

Cons

Benefits are not the best. It has some of the problems of a huge company--very complex internal processes. Sometimes seemingly simple things are turned into something much more complex than they need to be.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits. Recognize that people are absolutely the most valuable resource any company can have. Simplify/streamline internal processes so that they are more user-friendly. Scrap the MAP and Concur programs and start again with something less convoluted.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. "I've been here a long time so it can't be all bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Pros

High standards for quality of work.
    Diversity.
    Big on education.
    Employee Feedback.
    Corporate Values that are people focused where they were formerly production focused.

Cons

Changes is direct reporting happen quite often and due to restructuring of the business as opposed to career progression.
    Not all management walks the walk- setting the example in regard to company values and culture as it is presented.
    Vital Signs surveys are not taken as seriously in all departments.
    Not the greatest in customer service.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people. I don't even know what Helmsly looks like and I have never been to a meeting/ town hall with anyone over my bosses boss. I work in a fairly large office in Frederick, Md.

"Mostly Professional But..."

Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Houston, TX

Pros

I have a lot of flexibility in my position and pretty much run my own show BUT...

Cons

The health benefits are HORRIBLE!!! I can't believe an insurance company doesn't offer decent plans to its employees. A single person has a $1600 deductible and cannot even go to the doctor with a simple copay. Maintenance drugs - not covered!!! Must be preventative (whatever that means) and are subject to the $1600 deductible. My friend's son works at a Car Wash and has UHC insurance and his policy is better than hers!!!

Advice to Management

You MUST give some better healthcare options. I'd rather pay $200 a month for a decent plan that covers what I need, when I need it rather than nickel and diming me to death!!