UnitedHealth Group - UHG is no longer seeking sales reps. I felt forced to quit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"UHG is no longer seeking sales reps. I felt forced to quit"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There was a positive energy at UHG, hard workers, they put serious money into their facilities, the most excellent training I have ever received in my seven years of insurance sales experience. They care about the quality and level of customer service that their members receive (from their sales agents). I've heard conflicting stories in the claims department.

Cons

They lacked a personal touch; poor communication skills. Our commission decreased from $70/per sale to $11/per sale. Instead of setting up a meeting to discuss this with their sales force, they printed out a memo and taped it to our computers. They decreased earnings so much that every sales agent (including me) decided to resign and become an independent agent. Although no one was fired, it was impossible to earn a decent living. I heard that after the sales team left, they did away with the captive field sales rep position and are just using contracted agents.

Advice to Management

Communicate to your team. Set obtainable expectations. You do have the best initial training; make sure you follow through as training should be ongoing. You can't learn everything in one month...especially in the ever-changing health insurance industry.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"The worse experience and unprofessional company in my career as a nurse!"

Former Employee - Letter Coordinator in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Letter Coordinator in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Good salary and work from home.

Cons

Poor orientation, unrealistic expectations, unprofessional management, if you are not liked, for whatever reason, you wil be scrutinized relentlessly until you resign or let go.

Advice to Management

Be aware of how management staff is treating employees, look at the statistics of staff leaving (voluntarily or involuntarily), look at each department....especially management in the letter coordinator department....perhaps videoing the speech to the orientation staff for executive staff to view is warrented here!

"A quick job to have"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

Pros

Very laid back place, you can basically do what you want

Cons

Job not organized at all. They will mess up your paychecks. Not professional