UnitedHealth Group - 1 Year in Job, so far ok | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"1 Year in Job, so far ok"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

- Flexibility
- Large Company (opportunities)
- Plenty of work (for the time being)

Cons

- Lack of communication at times

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. "Going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Pros

When I first started we could have very flexible schedules, I was able to work from home and I had an experienced supervisor and support team that helped to resolve and explain issues in a timely manner. The benefits are decent, there are lots of opportubities should you qualify, like help quitting smoking, maternity support, etc and the 401k is comparable to other places I've worked though I did start with as much pto as it took me to get after 5yrs at my old job.

Cons

They're now in the process of implementing so many micromanaging programs and proceedures the management team doesn't have time to actually answer qestions we need to have to do our jobs properly. Theyve also taken away much of the flexibility options we had within our schedule like the option to work 4 10 hour days or 4 9s and a 6 and unfortunately they did not go about announcing these changes well at all. If you don't fit inside the little box of standard employee and go out of your way to, well... Suck up you're going to have a hard time getting a raise as they will tell you at every yearly review they are a pay for performance company.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging the managers so it does not trickle down to the workers that actually produce. Keep compensation in line so that new hires are not making more than experienced employees due to years when the company did not offer raises to anyone.

"Type A culture"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Responsibility for extra work readily given on top of a over flowing workload. If so inclined for this type of work load, this is the place.

Cons

Leadership and subordinate direction weak and inadequate. Very little accountability paired up with responsibility. Highly matrixed environment. Be advised if you've not experienced this culture before.

Advice to Management

Develop your leadership into leaders; train your manager to manage better.