UnitedHealth Group - not enough training | Glassdoor

"not enough training"

Current Employee - IT Architect in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - IT Architect in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Pay is good for the position

Cons

Training was almost none existence in my dept.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees crying out for help

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Disappointed with the job."

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Tampa, FL

Pros

Pay is OK, location is good.

Cons

Goals are very unrealistic. Once after training, they expect you to meet your goals. You are expected to go to meeting and focus groups regarding these goals and to reach higher then the average goal every month,never satisfied. You can have perferct attendance, or even have great reviews from customers, but if you dont meet your goals on a daily basis, then you cannot move around the company. Very high preassure. Every meeting and focus group telling you that your not meeting your goals, but not telling you how you can meet those certain goals.

Advice to Management

Give more positive feed back to your employees. It's not all about the numbers. Listen to your employees in what the customer wants. Getting them on and off the phone is not always the answer. Yes it looks good on paper, but in the long run if you want to make your clients happy then listen. Need better training to better serve you customers.

"Great hours and I work from home"

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

I've worked for EHR for a little over a year now, and I really enjoy it. I work a 40 hour week, which is a huge change from the hours I was working in the hospital setting. I now have the ability to work from home which has eliminated my commute time completely. Because of this I am now able to spend more time with my family. For the first time in my career, I am home when my kids get off the bus.

Cons

Because I was used to being surrounded by people in the hospital, it was hard for me to get used to working 5 days a week from home. It did take some adjustment time, but now I can't imagine fighting traffic during my commute each day.

Advice to Management

I think senior management does a great job of communicating with remote employees. Even though I am in a different part of the country, I feel like I am in the loop.