UnitedHealth Group - System Engineer | Glassdoor

"System Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Plymouth, MN

Pros

The checks cash and the people you work with are great.

Cons

Is a sweatshop. You're just another widget to this organization.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"What are they Thinking"

Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC

Pros

It's a job, what more can I say. You work and they pay you. They hire when others aren't and potential to work from home.

Cons

The pay $11/hr (or if you skip your 10 minute breaks) you 'CAN' make up to $12.50/hr, they consider this your raise b/c you NEVER get a raise. Bonus, HAHA, I don't know one person that made the bonus, if you even get 1 bad review from a customer, you bonus for the month is gone, and the reviews are done over the phone and a lot of times (if they speak to more than one Vonage Rep) they don't realize who they are reviewing and review the wrong person, so you have NO control over you bonus. My training class and the 3 classes after me (that I was there for) HR messed up on our pay. Missed hours in our pay checks, after training is over, you get paid more, that didn't happen. Took a while for them to recompensate us, one person was actually put into the system for $1.00/hr instead of $11. Was supposed to get paid a $5 per phone line we opened, never saw one check and no way to check where you stand.

Advice to Management

Management needs to reorganize the company, get current management out. Turn over rate is so high they have to be loosing money (or not making nearly as much as they could) on the training. On avg. $2500 to train new employees, and a employee must remain with the company for a 1 year min. to make their money back off of them, yet since no bonus or compensation, no reason to stay with the company, was there for 4 months (1-1/2 of which was training) before I found a better job, doing the EXACT same thing for $21/hr. Pay for what we do there is not competitive with the rest of the market and NO incentive to stay. If management was smart (or many the higher management just doesn't listen) if they even gave like a $ .50 - $ .75 raise a year, they would have less a turn over rate and if thee pay started at maybe $13-$15/hr it would provide for a competitive salary compared to other companies. Why stay with a company when there is no hope for raises/bonuses/promotions (promotion to manager doesn't count, they only make like $13-$15/hr and do a LOT of work and take a LOT of verbal abuse).

"SweatShop !!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

They help you get your Health & Life insurance license.....

Cons

No communication from management to employee's

Advice to Management

When you you have good employees...... You have to give them recognition