UnitedHealth Group - Good people working towards a better culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Good people working towards a better culture"

Former Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

good knowledable people who work hard to deliver value to customers. There is an effort to change some of the culture and as it improves so will the company.

Cons

Too much emphasis on the bottom line. There is poor communication from top down. People want to be able to tie the value they deliver to customers to their own work. This requires some level of recognition for a job well done. This does not happen.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"It was a call center, so stressful and time off is virtually impossible"

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional/Provider Phone Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great company to work for. They are a leader in the healthcare industry. Benefits are inexpensive although high deductibles. Overall a great company to work with.

Cons

Unable to get time off to even so much as go to the doctor. When you work and 8-5 job and so do the doctors, its kind of difficult. To make an appointment I was on my cell phone during break at my desk on the phone with my providers office and I felt like I was planning battleship with which days they had open and which days I may be able to get off.

Advice to Management

I understand a business need, however, with the call center areas, you need to make time off more liberal. If this means letting those go who are constantly on FMLA for reasons they shouldn't be or on a personally leave ALL OF THE TIME, then let them go. I knew a lot of people who were on FMLA over the allowed timeframe and yet they were still there.

"First job out of college. Opportunities to grow."

Current Employee - Client Service Team in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Client Service Team in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Executive Health Resources is my first job out of college. I interned at a few corporate offices while in school, but EHR is different. At some of the larger firms I felt like a number, but here, I feel like part of a team. My manager asks me on my career goals and is helping me find a position within the organization based on my major, business.

Cons

There are quite a few more people working in my area than when I started and sometimes the noise can be distracting.

Advice to Management

It is really nice of the company to provide free coffee, tea and soda, but it would be nice if they had vending machines in the building for snacks.