UnitedHealth Group - Great Company with stupid managers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Great Company with stupid managers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company celebrates its employees , work culture is great
Compensation is at par

Cons

but you cannot be sure for work life balance, you won't have clear directions from onshore idiots, sometime you might waste months in a project with zero results. Offshore management is inefficient.

Advice to Management

have clear directions , listen, respond.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"84.4% of employee respondents rate Optum as neutral or below...take heed!!!"

Pros

* Stock purchase plan
    * Generous PTO plan (5 weeks after 5 years)

Cons

* Good old boy and girl network keeps the "old guard" in positions of responsibility; high performers are marginlized and pushed to the side while teams are begging for good people due to senior leaders wanting to protect their turf and their teams

* Making the United Health Group budget numbers by slashing expenses (cut cell phone reimbursement for just about ALL employees but then told management in a call to find "creative ways" around this...not sure why we should use our personal cell phones for calls or email when on the road if the company isn't paying for at least some of it...) AND positions.

* Over-focused on process, documentation, and colorful spreadsheets at the expense of actually getting work done and focusing on customer needs

* Lagging behind other large vendors in this space; check industry newsletters...you don't see Optum listed as a "bleeding edge" vendor

* Emphasis on form over function; marketing smoke and mirrors more important than securing the resources to move key projects forward

* Ultimately destined to fail miserably due to being owned by an insurance company

* If you don't care about job satisfaction and are just happy to get a paycheck, maybe this place is for you

Advice to Management

None really...it won't be listed to nor implemented, so what's the point?

"member services rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor is awesome and the food is good

Cons

pay is horrible for all the jobs we have to perform. very hard to get a raise/bonus, every aspect of ur performance is based on numbers and if you have amazing numbers and fall short in one category...ur screwed. Horrible training, lack of ethics. I could go on...but it is what it is. I cant wait to find another job.