UnitedHealth Group - Worst company I have ever worked for in my career. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Worst company I have ever worked for in my career."

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA
Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get health insurance when you work for them. Its not great but its something.

Cons

Where to start? Bad management, terrible morale, most folks are walking around as though someone died. They try to hire as many non-U.S. born Filipinos as possible so that they can take advantage of their work ethic and tendency to abuse without complaint or wage increases. Poor management team that implements half-baked best practices that ultimately fail and they then blame the employee. I have never worked with so many obese people in my life and I think that contributed to the weekly call of the ambulance and paramedics.

Advice to Management

Develop some kind of coherent management style and really try to connect with your employees and subscribers. Do your homework about what really works and what does not instead of applying shoddy ideas and methods that you have no clue will work or not. Try and really put forth some effort when you are designing best practices for your employees versus half-cooked ideas that ultimately fail in their goal and drive company morale way down. Also implement some kind of fitness program as I have never worked with so many morbidly obese people in my life. I am sure this contributed to the once a week visit from paramedics.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Very flexible with family needs."

Current Employee - Senior Quality Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get to work from home and can make up time if I need to take off to take care of family issues.

Cons

The health insurance offered could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing.

"Meh..."

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits can be alright, depending upon the your location and the position you have. Work environment is good - free coffee at most locations.

Cons

Big company - Hurry up and wait. Also, despite experiencing growth recently, the organization is stale at the top and in need of some new vision. Overall, employee morale is poor - despite the survey results they tout - everyone lies on those since they believe (rightly) that they are not anonymous.

Advice to Management

Look hard at the management level that has been there for a number of years - they have all risen to the level of, well further then they should go.