UnitedHealth Group - Take this job if you really need a job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Take this job if you really need a job."

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Hooksett, NH
Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Hooksett, NH

Pros

The best reason to work for this company is the cheap benefits and job security. If you do your job you will not be let go. The people that work there are very friendly. Short term this job is good.

Cons

The hours are very strict. They have a vacation calendar that limits how many people can be off on a specific day. Days after holidays are not allowed off. The management serves as more of a cheerleader rold. They do not help much with career development. There are no pay raises this year. The job gets really boring in the long run.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that they try not to implement to many new processes at once. They need to implement processes slowly. Too many new things leads to too many errors and causes problems that could be avoided.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"A stepping stone company"

Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Provider Phone Representative in Frederick, MD

Pros

It is a cll center environement. If you do get sick, the business still stands.

Cons

Unplanned Time off is easy until you accumulate points (3 max=3days) and get terminated. Incompetent management. Work politics is in the air suffocating you. I feel like I'm back in High-school. They do not increase pay but has a bonus on a pay-per-performance. The provlem there is that the cost of living is increasing yearly and and absence rejects you of the bonus. Not a win-win situation.

Advice to Management

Make up your minds and try being on the phones for a day and let me know if your demands of us are fairly justified.

"You can work there, but be prepared to have moments of self-loathing."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Eau Claire, WI

Pros

In this area, the money is good. Especially when you see that a lot of the workforce in the building is young, with this being their first job out of high school.

Cons

The health benefits took a huge drop this year, so much so that it's hard to believe that we work for a health insurance company. The advancement opportunities are there only if you kiss up enough, or make a big enough stink and are important enough that they want to keep you around. People that they do promote or hire straight into management positions are often not trained well, if at all, before being thrown into a position, leading to failure, or even worse, depending on those that they are supposed to be leading to carry them. Raises were frozen this year, but bonuses are still around for those that "deserve" them. This includes the executives that made decisions that cost us $400 million in fines and settlements last year. Thank goodness for them...

Advice to Management

Quit shifting people around. Every time you put someone new in charge, they want to change everything, even if what is going on is working fine. Even if it isn't, they usually want to do something that has been done before and failed miserably, but they don't want to listen to the people that tell them that. And don't tell us that we're not getting raises, and the next week tell us that we had the best selling season in ten years.