UnitedHealth Group - Health Advisor | Glassdoor

"Health Advisor"

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of companies and this is by far the best. Decent health insurance, sick leave, vacation and consist schedules. The management I work for is very supportive.

Cons

You cant save the world and make every customer happy. Some people are just not happy no matter what you do. They take their frustration out on the person wearing the headset.

Advice to Management

Remember the employees on the front line dont get a lot of time to review new info much less the excessive amount of email you send us. It's nice to try to keep us in the loop, but video/audio communication is a waste of time. I just have to delete it as I am too busy to watch or listen to it. Also, I would be more than happy to work OT more often if there had not been so much Manditory OT for the last year.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"That company was constantly restructuring."

Former Employee - Art Director in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Art Director in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

I was a part time telecommuter, it was a great set-up.

Cons

After a while it's hard to believe anything that comes from upper management.

"Growing so fast - inept people become leaders by default without leadership skills."

Former Employee - IT Director in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - IT Director in Plymouth, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The compensation was good and it's very process driven. I learned a great deal of process management and how change control was key to ensuring stability.

Cons

The leadership, from middle managers all the way up the chain, play politics. There are too many people required to make a decision which results in a lack of accountability and ownership of your business.

The company is so large in IT that the culture is non-existent. Employees are a commodity.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to individual managers, as they are the key to the happiness and health of the organization. If they lack leadership skills, they will damage the teams irreparably and can actually cause team members to submit "good enough" work in fear of repercussions for speaking out.