UnitedHealth Group - A good place to work | Glassdoor

"A good place to work"

Pros

I work with great and intelligent people. My Management was very interested in helping me grow and develop. I am finishing grad school because of the help of tuition reimbursement. The company provides a good work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits are not that great. Silo mentality blocks collaboration between divisions. Systems are outdated and money to "fix" is never available.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect them by demonstrating transparency and open communication. Allow us to give better raises to our best employees before they walk out the door.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. "Good company trying help people in a complex healthcare enviroment"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Job autonomy, flexibility, independence
    - Creating a new culture that rewards employees based on integrity, work ethic not tenure
    - Solid benefits package (vacation, discounts, health plan premiums)
    - Honest employees all driven toward 1 goal: helping people get healthier
    - Upper management is extremely engaged

Cons

- As with any large company, you need to make sure you talk about your accomplishments with your manager/leadership or else they will never know
    - Obtaining data for reporting and analysis is complicated, inaccurate and often challenging
    - Upper management engagement slows projects due to competing schedules and resources
    - Company culture is evolving and not yet concrete - not everyone is on the same page as to what is expected of an employee
    - Heavy amount of meetings each day (mainly on the phone due to hugely a virtual environment)
    - Virtual environment can be challenging (time zones, schedules etc.)
    - The healthcare environment is ever-changing and extremely complex; some may not excel without the ability to be resilient to change
    - Employee Health plans have huge deductibles that out way low premiums advantage

Advice to Management

- Continue driving the company culture toward a common goal so employees know what is expected of them
    - Advise leadership to delegate tasks more often so that projects can be completed under budget and on-schedule
    - Advocate for stronger work/life balance (I.e. No meeting Friday afternoons)

2. "Ok place to work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

work life balance, option to work from home, peers are great

Cons

no upper leadership support, expect a lot without the right skill set / employees, salary, raises, benefits and bonus are not great

Advice to Management

remember the people who do the work.....