UnitedHealth Group - Never a dull moment | Glassdoor

"Never a dull moment"

Current Employee - Director in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Current Employee - Director in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunities, flexible work culture, performance based growth. Aggressive growth plans (at least in India) provide multiple career options for people looking for varied experience.

Cons

Internal politics, silos and one-upmanship sometimes tend to act as roadblocks to even more aggressive growth. The organization is so large, you will always be a small fish in a BIG pond.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"if you want to screw your career , join"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you above market,and may be more then you asked for.

They will decorate the office very nicely on each festival, etc.

Work life balance... work from home as much as you care.-- Hell Yeah... Send your wives here guys...

If you are a tester you may get some healthcare domain knowledge. But be prepared for insane hours.

You can enjoy as much as you want, if you like that. Long benches.. and light work in 70 % of dev projects.

If you are good at kissing *** and butter up. Your growth will zoom.

Cons

Your technical growth will crawl, if it doesnt stop outright.

They will pay you above market at the time of joining and will average it out by giving you paltry hikes in the years to come.

No parking. Availaible only for managers and even their its a queue. I think there is a queue for bike
    parking also.. I think if you stay for 5 years you will get a bike parking sticker.

No fulltime seats. If you are working 11-8:30. Some insurance guy would show at 5:30 and kick you out of your desk. Then for the next 3 hours..grab the first chair you get.

No process for anything, from parking to to your review everything would change from one manager to other.

Each team follows its own process, no standarization even when it comes to appraisal process. Its not even CMMI level 3.What I was thinking?

Non existent HR in hyderabad.

Advice to Management

Have a chain of command. Create standarized processes.

Stop hiring and keeping morons just because they have paper experience.

Appoint people as SPOC's for different tasks.From Facilities to HR, there should be someone who is responsible for the leaking taps to the missing documents.

Run it proffessionally, We understand that you are getting buckloads of healthcare money. But you dont have to sqaunder it in every possible way. You can create a IT company and a legacy.

2. "Large group Account Management"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large opportunities for growth and continued learning.
    Opportunity to build creative solutions for customers

Cons

The pressure to perform is quite high. Not to the extent it once was, but very high performance is still the key to increasing responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Share the vision for the future more completely and more frequently. We know the industry is changing and that our many of our jobs will change or be eliminated in the quest to reduce costs, what we really want to know is what you think the industry will look like and what we need to learn or do to be more successful.