UnitedHealth Group - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director, General Management in Lawrenceville, IL
Current Employee - Director, General Management in Lawrenceville, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Virtually unlimited opportunities for hard working individuals
Exciting, challenging work
Good Benefits
Great Work Culture

Cons

Big company--sometimes difficult to stay on top of what's going on in the business.

Advice to Management

More town halls

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"No Heart or Soul"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Covered Parking & Free Coffee/Tea

Cons

Where to start....if your spouse/partner gets sick (cancer/major surgery) and you apply for FLMA - its takes forever for it to be approved, so you are told via phone by FLMA to take your time but once you return to work your supervisor informs you that you have been placed on a CAP (Corrective Action), which means no raise for one year due to your being gone. Oh, your PTO is a GIFT and can be taken from you at anytime (per one Supervisior). God forbid that something serious happens to your child or spouse where you have to make a life/death decision about them...your job may be in jeopardy.
    If a State of Emergency is called by the governer of your state due to massive blizzard conditions you are still expected to be at work, if not you will receive an occurance which counts against you. Their excuse is that they make available hotel rooms...which is good but what about employees who have children or parents that need assistance or people who have animals...its not like you can just leave them on their own for a night or two. Too bad is their response. "You need to make other arrangements for these circumstances": REALLY
    If you can get a raise you will be lucky if its 10 cents an hour.
    Mandatory (new word Required) overtime hours up to 12 hours a day/6-7 days a week.
    No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Hire some people that have some compassion about their fellow human beings. Fire some supervisors that have a high turnover rate.

"Unsupportive"

Pros

I have a hard time coming up with pros currently.

Cons

I've been very loyal to the company to this point, I've turned down 2 different jobs that paid more than I make here because I naively believed in the company and the work I was doing. I do not feel that this loyalty is appreciated nor has it been reciprocated in any way.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to your employees so you can better realize which ones have potential and which just blow smoke.