UnitedHealth Group - Flexible, but no interest in employment development. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Flexible, but no interest in employment development."

Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL
Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Your experience depends on your manager"

Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UHG offers a very competitive benefits package, and in certain offices very nice and handy amenities. Attention is given to work/ life balance. Some managers really go out of their way for you to assist you. You do get enough free time to make some cool projects on your own at times.

Cons

It is a large organization. Some managers may not even know what you do. Look up "matrix organization" to learn what you will be in for. There can be very little accountability and most decisions will end up being decided through politics. Network with leaders, look for movers and shakers, or count on your career stagnating.

Advice to Management

The thick layer of middle managers creates a recipe for lack of accountability and enormous redundancy. Way too many planners and not enough doers. Unfortunately cutting the ranks of PMs would cause a revolt.

"Ask yourself, why are all these people telling you to run away as fast as you can for a reason?"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Department in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Department in Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only PBM in Orange County

Cons

The only PBM in Orange County...

Advice to Management

If you have been working here since the place was called PacifiCare, then its time for you to move on, if you can even get a job anywhere else b/c there is a reason why there is poor talent retention. Mainly, the company just retains poor talent like yourself b/c the real talented people wise up real quick and leave.