UnitedHealth Group - tellecommuter | Glassdoor

"tellecommuter"

Current Employee - Quality Auditor - Medical Claims in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Quality Auditor - Medical Claims in Springfield, MO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work at home is a big pro, no clothing expense, no gas and no eating out. Retirement match is pretty good, benefits are fairly inexpensive

Cons

Raises are minimal and sometimes non-existent in a bad economy. Deductible is really high for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Worst job ever"

Former Contractor - Retirement Reimbursement Representative in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Contractor - Retirement Reimbursement Representative in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Met a few genuinely nice people.

Cons

As the RRA members suggest, "THE LEFT HAND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING". Although I was a Contractor, United Health Group is one of the most disorganized companies I've ever had the displeasure of being assigned to. Management is two-faced, and they play favorites. They treat contractors like crap!! There is a significant amount of unprofessionalism. Sometimes, I thought I was in Junior High School instead of in the workplace. Hard to believe their the top Healthcare company. They obviously did something under-handed to make it to the top. Just ask the elderly individuals they service. I can't say enough about this organization. If you can avoid this place as a Temp or Regular employee, please do!! You can do better than United Health Group. Trust me!

Advice to Management

No comment.

"My first call center experience--good environment, good managers, good pay"

Current Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My managers were reasonable people and cared about their team members. Obviously no one is perfect, least of all me! The company provided a decent work environment which I enjoyed for over 2 1/2 years. The pay was good, and I was able to earn Pay For Performance incentives as well as Most Valuable Player awards. The health benefits were reasonable.

Cons

Tight on bathroom breaks - 10 minutes; and no cell phones at the desk. But they have to have rules, and I didn't have a problem with either of these. Some micromanaging by some managers but even that wasn't unbearable for those who did their jobs correctly and didn't slack on company time. This job isn't for people who can't deal with angry customers!

Advice to Management

Less micro managing, but I guess this probably comes from the actual client--not Connextions!