UnitedHealth Group - Overall it was a good place to work. I loved the people I worked with and that made it worthwhile. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Overall it was a good place to work. I loved the people I worked with and that made it worthwhile."

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Waterloo, IA
Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Waterloo, IA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent and the supervisors were very supportive. They were encouraging when there were customer calls that were frustrating and would go to bat for you if you had a difficult issue to deal with.

Cons

There was not a lot of opportunity for advancement at the call center I worked in. They hired large groups of people at once and did group training so once you did have the experience and opportunity to apply for a higher position, there was a lot of competition for it. There were not openings for expert positions very often as people stayed in those positions long-term once they got them.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Unappreciated, non-supportive, slave driving Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Overland Park, KS

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing insurance, so so pay.

Cons

They dont care about their employees at all.....they absolutely do not care about their customers. They are not consistant when it comes to reprimanding employees across the board. They are racist. They do not treat everyone equal. If something happens and you are terminated..dont plan on filing for unemployment and getting it. If you have a life or get sick, dont plan on having a job very long, they dont promote family...and dont promote being healthy. If you are going to be sick, make sure that you get on FMLA right away. This place is the worst company in the world to work for, and i wouldnt recommend anyone and i mean ANYONE work for them.

Advice to Management

Things need to be changed. Patients need to be cared about. Employees need to be taken care of, unless upper management are planning on sitting and taking calls theirselves.

"Corporate Mumbojumbo but great networking and Advancement Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valuable Experience
    Access to very prominent people
    Great Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Corporate BS with worthless activities that was more time than they are worth
    Tough to Stand out