UnitedHealth Group - Opposed to what I had always thought about "insurance companies", I am amazed at how caring UHC is about their members!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Opposed to what I had always thought about "insurance companies", I am amazed at how caring UHC is about their members!!"

Former Employee - Case Manager (RN)
Former Employee - Case Manager (RN)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cares about the employees.
Cares about customers.
Fair treatment of employees.
Fair salary
Opportunities for advancement. This is greatly encouraged.
Amazingly good medical directors!!

Cons

Ironically, the worst thing about it is their medical insurance for employees!! LOL
Also, change is a constant and sometimes it is hard to keep up with, but management is always supportive.

Advice to Management

Rethink your insurance plan offerings. Deductibles are way too high. Keep up the great culture.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"No room for advancement if you're good, No incentive if you're good either"

Former Employee - Recovery/Resolution Representative in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Recovery/Resolution Representative in Frederick, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

UHG as a whole is a great company to work for. They're located all over the world and have just about any job you could possibly want. Some positions pay great and you can go far. Avoid Optum at all costs.

Cons

My business unit was Optum. If you're good at your job they will never allow you to go some place else within the company. Oh, they'll tell you that they want you to succeed and tell you they will do whatever they can to help you move within the company but then they put a stop to your application once you internally apply. Bonuses and raises are paltry or non-existent. Upper level managers rarely say thanks or good job, it's always work harder. Employee morale is LOW, basement level low. Benefits for employees were pretty bad as well. It's pretty sad when you work for a Health Insurance Company and your benefits are worse and more expensive than someone who works elsewhere and has benefits through your company. Then again, it probably didn't help that 90% of my office was grossly overweight.

2. "Life at OptumInsight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stimulating work
    Smart people
    Broad range of capabilities

Cons

Difficult to get things done with many siloed organizations and emerging but extensive matrix
    Some Executives are self-centered and highly political as with any large company

Advice to Management

Be crystal clear about the organization structure
    Stop chasing / inventing the next and focus on completing the current thing