UnitedHealth Group - Telephonic CM in Richardson, TX location | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Telephonic CM in Richardson, TX location"

Former Employee - Telephonic Case Manager in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Telephonic Case Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

Very comparable benefits; nice to work on phones; all employees (nurses, administration, trainers, executives) invested in excellence and good rapport; training extensive, fast paced; nice environment: well lit, comfortable, mostly quiet, lunch area, restaurants close by, work out facility close by; safe location of PBGT; lots of different areas available for nurse to work within the company.

Cons

Metrics seem unrealistic: you can't work from home completey until you meet metric number; this number depends on how many contacts you make with live person per day. This means that not really a 40hour work week; more realistic for 45-55 hours to meet metrics. Need to like working in afternoons and evenings, even if original sign up for days...you get the most people after they get off work. Sales oriented focus...you have to meet metrics; get praised for metrics. Have to have audit reviews with outside customers; sometimes brutal process.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Work is challenging, sometimes difficult to meet metrics. Instead of raising metrics continuously, find something else to focus on to praise employees.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Poor PTO Policy"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Hartford, CT

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of anything that stands out when compared to other leading companies. if I have to think of one thing, they are so large, you can find a job in any state with them most likely.

Cons

In regards to being a Full Time Employee at United Health Group, their view of PTO it is a "grant" to the employee.

If you decide to leave the company and give notice, you lose all earned PTO that you have earned for that year,if you have not used it. How's that for true benefits?

Let's say you worked very hard all year, and have what equals to 3 weeks of vacation used ( Again you worked hard and did not take time off). You get a new job, and give your notice. You lose all that PTO, and you do not receive cash equivalent for this.

I think this is disgusting, considering UHG is largest insurer in this country with billions in revenue and they treat their employees like this.

In 2013, PTO is earned by the employee. We deserve paid time off as they is what we agreed to when hired. I have to assume not one of their 30,000 employees know this is the rule of UHG when they are hired.

You also only get 18 days off if you start in the low pay bands, other companies give you 20. Why would a company not just make it 20 which is a full 4 weeks off a year. I just don't understand the leaders of this company.

Advice to Management

Change your insulting to PTO leave policy. PTO is earned by hardworking employees and it is not a grant.

"Not what you think..."

Former Employee - Claims Quality Auditor in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Claims Quality Auditor in Greensboro, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Telecommuting, People, Work, Opportunities, Stability

Cons

Politics, Dishonesty, Favoritism, Management, Pay

Advice to Management

Make the internal posting process more transparent. While you may be able to post & interview for a position, your business leader can decline to release you and the entire process has been for nothing. I found myself struggling and fighting with management just to be released to advance my career.