UnitedHealth Group - Very smart, talented, driven people to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Very smart, talented, driven people to work with"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Golden Valley, MN
Former Employee - Business Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My team consisted of both Accenture and UHG employees, however, it was the most connected, productive team I've ever been on. Both leaders were extremely inclusive and driven, gave the team the flexibility & tools to manage a demanding work schedule with family - was a great experience!

Cons

Outside of current area, there was not a lot of appealing opportunities for career advancement.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Incredible Turnover Rate. Average Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company contributes $1000 per year into your Health Savings Account.

Cons

Average benefits, very high co-pays on drugs which is why you are given a $1000 contribution. Even for generics. This is a former PacifiCare site which was acquired. A lot of those old guard are still here and there is always culture clashes between the way things used to be done versus the UHG way. Some teams average 1-2 resignations per month (this includes the managers and supervisors). Some departments have entire staffs who have all been there less than a year.

Do not think this is the kind of organization where you will be retiring from. I'm not above working hard, but your hard work will not be appreciated. It will be taken for granted until you leave and they bring in the new crop. There motto is 'we eat our young' because you come in for one to three years, they take all they can from you then discard you. If you are older with a family be advised. Life work balance is somewhat discouraged. Sick kids, etc. are career killers.

Advice to Management

More than anything I am truly disappointed with the middle managers. From the outside there seems to be a lot of potential, but the execution is lacking.

2. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always a challenging environment, trusting management, and a lot of opportunity

Cons

Working within the organization is difficult, team work environments are hard to accomplish

Advice to Management

Introduce, build relationships within companies among employees