UnitedHealth Group - Corporate Titan | Glassdoor

"Corporate Titan"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN
Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am allowed to telecommute, which is a wonderful perk, and the hours are definitely flexible. Stock plan is the standard 15% lower than the lower of the buy/sell, so you can't lose on it, and the benefits are extremely substantive.

Cons

United is the classic corporate atmosphere for a very large company: you are just a cog in the machine and if you don't squeak very loudly, you will never be given special consideration. The company basically encourages you to either come in at a very high salary for what you do, or else leave and come back after getting a salary boost elsewhere.

Advice to Management

When a team has been showing millions in savings verified by black-belts and reporting, make sure that the rewards are in keeping with the success. A 2% raise for saving the company millions of dollars multiple years running is a slap in the face.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Great place to work--if you handle change well."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-salary is decent for a customer service rep in south FL. Most call centers pay $10 or less an hour.
    -Opportunity to work from home.
    -friendly atmosphere
    -great opportunity for promotion internally

Cons

-Hiring process is too harsh!
    -your whole career here depends on your supervisor, if youre not best friends, forget about promotion.
    -forever changing! (but this is health insurance so that should be expected.)

Advice to Management

Personal opinion of someone should not matter. This is a work place and should be handled professionally. I love my supervisor but i've seen [omitted] handle other people inappropriately.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comments about working at UnitedHealth Group. We so appreciate that you enjoyed being able to work form home and that the atmosphere was friendly. We would love the opportunity to... More

"I felt appreciated and was provided opportunity for growth."

Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actively sought to provide excelling employees opportunity for growth. I felt supported when learning new tasks and taking on new responsibilities. The colleagues I worked with were professional and friendly and managment was engaging and open to give and take of ideas.

Cons

There was little downside. The one criticism I can make from my experience is that the review period was a set time of year for all and new employees who were hired later in the year may have to wait nearly 2 years for their first salary review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comment regarding UnitedHealth Group and what is is like to work here! We appreciate your postivie comments and that you felt you were provided an opportunity for growth. We love... More