UnitedHealth Group - Great place to work--if you handle change well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Great place to work--if you handle change well."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-salary is decent for a customer service rep in south FL. Most call centers pay $10 or less an hour.
-Opportunity to work from home.
-friendly atmosphere
-great opportunity for promotion internally

Cons

-Hiring process is too harsh!
-your whole career here depends on your supervisor, if youre not best friends, forget about promotion.
-forever changing! (but this is health insurance so that should be expected.)

Advice to Management

Personal opinion of someone should not matter. This is a work place and should be handled professionally. I love my supervisor but i've seen [omitted] handle other people inappropriately.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comments about working at UnitedHealth Group. We so appreciate that you enjoyed being able to work form home and that the atmosphere was friendly. We would love the opportunity to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"I felt appreciated and was provided opportunity for growth."

Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actively sought to provide excelling employees opportunity for growth. I felt supported when learning new tasks and taking on new responsibilities. The colleagues I worked with were professional and friendly and managment was engaging and open to give and take of ideas.

Cons

There was little downside. The one criticism I can make from my experience is that the review period was a set time of year for all and new employees who were hired later in the year may have to wait nearly 2 years for their first salary review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comment regarding UnitedHealth Group and what is is like to work here! We appreciate your postivie comments and that you felt you were provided an opportunity for growth. We love ... More

"Best day of my life was when I left this place"

Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro is that it is a job. There is nothing good about this place.

Cons

Pay is horrible. Even with a BS in IT, I was on the floor for 3 years. I never received a promotion or a raise. Hours get cut and layoffs happen all the time, but the company is constantly hiring. Benefits are so unreasonable. Not enough space for all the people that are actually staffed to work. Very hard to accrue PTO. Constant schedule changes leaving no time to be a student, a parent, or have a hobby. Schedules are very unreasonable and upper management is not willing to work with anyone on scheduling.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: try taking on one of these positions for a few weeks and live off the pay and let me know if you would be satisfied with the way you were treated. Understand that the majority of your employees have families just as you do and would love to be able to provide for them and spend time with them. Management does not care about the employees, they only care about the image of the company. That is why the company is slowly going down.