UnitedHealth Group - I felt appreciated and was provided opportunity for growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"I felt appreciated and was provided opportunity for growth."

Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Audit in Frederick, MD

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actively sought to provide excelling employees opportunity for growth. I felt supported when learning new tasks and taking on new responsibilities. The colleagues I worked with were professional and friendly and managment was engaging and open to give and take of ideas.

Cons

There was little downside. The one criticism I can make from my experience is that the review period was a set time of year for all and new employees who were hired later in the year may have to wait nearly 2 years for their first salary review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comment regarding UnitedHealth Group and what is is like to work here! We appreciate your postivie comments and that you felt you were provided an opportunity for growth. We love... More

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Best day of my life was when I left this place"

Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro is that it is a job. There is nothing good about this place.

Cons

Pay is horrible. Even with a BS in IT, I was on the floor for 3 years. I never received a promotion or a raise. Hours get cut and layoffs happen all the time, but the company is constantly hiring. Benefits are so unreasonable. Not enough space for all the people that are actually staffed to work. Very hard to accrue PTO. Constant schedule changes leaving no time to be a student, a parent, or have a hobby. Schedules are very unreasonable and upper management is not willing to work with anyone on scheduling.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: try taking on one of these positions for a few weeks and live off the pay and let me know if you would be satisfied with the way you were treated. Understand that the majority of your employees have families just as you do and would love to be able to provide for them and spend time with them. Management does not care about the employees, they only care about the image of the company. That is why the company is slowly going down.

"Bad management in clinical dept"

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers and telecommute once a week after 6 mo.

Cons

Poorly trained management and low bonus. They have high turnaround here. They expect you to work day, night, and holidays.