UnitedHealth Group - Good company, steady work, great colleagues. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Good company, steady work, great colleagues."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good, steady work. Great learning opportunities. Very little favoritism, you get ahead based on your own work. Work at home opportunities help on commuting costs.
Great work-life balance, ample vacation time.

Cons

Pay is not competitive to other companies in the area. Health benefits (considering it is an insurance company) also not competitive.

Advice to Management

Need to increase pay to get more qualified employees.

UnitedHealth Group Response

May 13, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the review of UnitedHeatlh Group! Glad you like the company and your colleagues. I would encourge you to state your concerns regarding benefits and pay during our vital signs survey... More

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Corporate Titan"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am allowed to telecommute, which is a wonderful perk, and the hours are definitely flexible. Stock plan is the standard 15% lower than the lower of the buy/sell, so you can't lose on it, and the benefits are extremely substantive.

Cons

United is the classic corporate atmosphere for a very large company: you are just a cog in the machine and if you don't squeak very loudly, you will never be given special consideration. The company basically encourages you to either come in at a very high salary for what you do, or else leave and come back after getting a salary boost elsewhere.

Advice to Management

When a team has been showing millions in savings verified by black-belts and reporting, make sure that the rewards are in keeping with the success. A 2% raise for saving the company millions of dollars multiple years running is a slap in the face.

"Great place to work--if you handle change well."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-salary is decent for a customer service rep in south FL. Most call centers pay $10 or less an hour.
    -Opportunity to work from home.
    -friendly atmosphere
    -great opportunity for promotion internally

Cons

-Hiring process is too harsh!
    -your whole career here depends on your supervisor, if youre not best friends, forget about promotion.
    -forever changing! (but this is health insurance so that should be expected.)

Advice to Management

Personal opinion of someone should not matter. This is a work place and should be handled professionally. I love my supervisor but i've seen [omitted] handle other people inappropriately.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your comments about working at UnitedHealth Group. We so appreciate that you enjoyed being able to work form home and that the atmosphere was friendly. We would love the opportunity to... More