UnitedHealth Group - Good place to start | Glassdoor

"Good place to start"

Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Clinical Administrative Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like the company actually cares about me. Everyone you work with is very nice and fun to be around. They also offer lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

For this position there is mandatory overtime October through the end of the year. Also only get a 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute breaks.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jun 7, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the great review and we are so glad that you have had a positive expereince working here. Thanks for all the great work you do!

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having the capabilities to work at home.

Cons

Not being allowed to work from home at all but still required to take laptop home everynight just in case a "Natural Disaster" happens and the office building is destroyed and then your expected to work from home. Health insurance sucks! The health insurance at UHC is the worst I have ever encountered. Raises are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Work on better benefits for your employees.

"Corporate Titan"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Duluth, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am allowed to telecommute, which is a wonderful perk, and the hours are definitely flexible. Stock plan is the standard 15% lower than the lower of the buy/sell, so you can't lose on it, and the benefits are extremely substantive.

Cons

United is the classic corporate atmosphere for a very large company: you are just a cog in the machine and if you don't squeak very loudly, you will never be given special consideration. The company basically encourages you to either come in at a very high salary for what you do, or else leave and come back after getting a salary boost elsewhere.

Advice to Management

When a team has been showing millions in savings verified by black-belts and reporting, make sure that the rewards are in keeping with the success. A 2% raise for saving the company millions of dollars multiple years running is a slap in the face.