UnitedHealth Group - Of the places I have worked this is one of the best. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Of the places I have worked this is one of the best."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, my position allows me to choose to work from home a few days a week.

Cons

Here I find it is hard to gain in salary when trying to grow within the company. I have been promoted 2 times within 5 years each time has gained me a 5% or less addition to my salary.

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jun 7, 2013 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thanks for the great recomendation. We love that you like working here and doing your life's best work!

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Challenging and chaotic"

Former Employee - Underwriter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You manage your own assigned accounts so there is a high level of independence and flexibility. Telecommuting is allowed once a week.

Cons

As a branch office, corporate vision is often elusive. Requires a vast array of skills with expertise in excel, mathematics, and problem solving. Very detail-oriented and you must be able to juggle multiple requests at once.

Advice to Management

More overview, training, and interaction.

"Be very careful accepting a job United Healthcare..."

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a lot of great people and I found my work to be challenging and fulfilling. The benefits were ok, the pay was average.

Cons

United Healthcare will do everything they can to legally screw you over when you leave the company. There are several states that have recently made it legal for a company NOT to pay you vacation pay once you give your notice, United Healthcare will definitely take advantage of that. I worked with my manager to give them three weeks of notice (at his request) in order to finish up work I had assigned to me. My reward for this loyalty and dedication? UHG screwed me out of several thousand dollars I had earned in unused vacation time. In calls to their benefits office I was told, 'we are well within our legal rights to not payout PTO when you resign.'

I am baffled as to why a multi-billion dollar company would be so petty but, they are so be very careful when taking a job with UHG. Absolutely shady.

Advice to Management

Demand that senior management make changes to policies that are unethical or at the very least, be open about the fact that you have no ethics and you will screw people over because you can.