UnitedHealth Group - Could be better, could be much worse | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Could be better, could be much worse"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Golden Valley, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and ability to work at home is nice. I was happy with the pay that I started with though they need to work on their bonus and yearly increases.

Cons

Very poor management in all aspects of the company that I've interacted with. Little to no initial or ongoining training. Poor communication no ability to provide feedback. Being owned by UHG can be considered a huge con due to the complete ineptitude of the IT department.

Advice to Management

If you want honest answers on the annual vital signs survey then it should not be tied to how much an employee will get for their annual increase.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Physician Advisor conned by Cocktails and Conversations"

Former Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'd be lying if I said anything.

Cons

Position is nothing like what was described at the C&C. There is no freedom, no stress-free scheduling. I had to schedule a small window of time to get up from the computer and take the dog outside. if you pause for a minute, the command center calls you immediately to remind you of the expectations for case turnaround time. It feels like Big Brother. Even after I packed up for the day, I was a nervous wreck and had trouble relaxing because it felt like someone was still watching my productivity and I would get yelled at for watching tv. Other employees were treated poorly as well. Employees in IT told me they hadn't received raises or bonuses in years and their time was scrutinized down the minute of arrival and departure.

Advice to Management

Stop calling the Physician Advisors PA's. For a healthcare organization, you think they would know the trade lingo - PA stands for Physician Assistant. I'm convinced this company doesn't know anything and that is why they are hemmorhaging people, client hospitals, and money. Healthcare reform will close the doors on this organization as they are becoming obsolete. The Management Team at EHR probably won't even notice.

"Mcjob"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Irvine, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stock purchase plan is one of the best

Cons

Prefers to not promote from within resulting in people leaving in frustration. Replacements paid less so company ends up saving lots of money

Advice to Management

Deal with managers whose survey scores are consistently in the bottom.